Thursday 21 January 2016

The Order Of The Red Blazer

Four years of perseverance, determination and hard work all culminated into a very emotional but proud evening for us as parents. Kaylin being presented with her Red Blazer, cum Laude Honours in Leadership.

Her journey started in 2012 with her very first day at Sutherland High School as a grade 8 learner. Over the past four years Kaylin has completed the following:

3 Desert Walks: Leadership and Character Development Camps
3 Leadership Hikes
Solitaire Weekend: 40 hours of solitary individual refinement, Just her, a tent, a sleeping bag and 5 litres of water. No food, no comforts, no company.
Finishing School for young ladies
MBA for Pupils Course
Speechmasters Youth Leadership Programme
Self Defense Course
Fist Aid Level 1 and Level 2 Qualification
12 months Mentorship of Junior Pupils
40 Hours Community Service

So proud of her!





THE ORDER OF THE RED BLAZER

I, hereby pledge before God and my friends that I will honour and uphold the Ethos and values of the Order of the Red Blazer.
I undertake to serve with commitment, passion and humility.
Whatsoever my hands find to do, I will do with all my might.
I will live a life of respect and respect as a value will be visible in my day to day conduct.
I will always be accountable for my actions.
Integrity will be my daily companion.
I will be honest and trustworthy.
I will serve others and will always put other people ahead of myself.
I undertake to perserve and live a life of honour and valour.
I will never quit.
So help me God.


No comments:

Post a Comment